Breaking

Post Top Ad

Sallu

Thursday 28 January 2021

What kind of problems did you face while living in Germany

What kind of problems did you face while living in Germany


What kind of problems did you face while living in Germany. When I came in Germany land equipped with a certificate of B1 in German. I came here at the time of the refugees wave in Frankfurt (to so many I look like a refugee, I actually don't give a something about it except I've never received a single cent from the government of German since I set my foot here), my host was surprised here to hear me how I spoke German with so much ease. Well at least I gave a good impression in the beginning here in German.

When the trouble came and I wanted to hold conversations with younger people of my age group, they spoke really kind of fast that I would only get more than 80% of what they were saying and sometimes I reply with the almost cursed  the word ,,Ja" to things I had no idea about that at all
(Tipp if you are new in the country and don't just say Ja means (yes) it is easy to become a Ja-sager later on if you stay here for longer. Then Words like,,ich kriege" were really confusing kind of words to me, I had only one understanding of the word (Krieg), it means war in German. So you can imagine how much panic this generated each time I heard ,,ich kriege or more von dir" kriege means receive or get the normal word is bekommen mean (has nothing to do with becoming!)


My second hurdle, was the word ,,doch" I spent so more time about learning of German language and this word while I was in Ashland at some point I thought that I knew its meaning up until I came to Germany. You see in all languages you need to learn more about some words in context with native speakers it might be necessary to visit the country where this language originates in order to get maximal benefit of a language. Today the word doch is doch(indeed) one of my most useful words.

As a POC I also learnt quickly that people addressed me in English, which led me to question why I learned German in the first place. It seemed to me like I could get along well with English. In Sweden everyone spoke Swedish to me until I said please use German language or English. I've since learnt to use my being spoken to in English not merely as discrimination but to my advantage.

 It works like this, if someone speaks to me an English language I use the opportunity to really clarify my self to them in English very fluently to show that the person I am also comfortable with this language. Here I can also correct the grammatical errors in my Gesprächspartner, or if I don't have time I use highly sophisticated English words until the conversation becomes redundant leaving us with no choice but to revert back to German. You see, in a highly efficient country like Germany there're lot of people who can also waste your time.

Now let me tell you about My main ,,problems” if any at all are actually not coming from not being a fluent in German language, rather being spoken to an English language when I actually intend to use my Deutsch as the official Sprache of the country. In the end it's such a blessing to be able to speak English with a native, in France people are quite arrogant towards anyone who speaks English.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Post Top Ad

Your Ad Spot

About Blog